Monday, January 01, 2007

Carpenter’s Tools - Press On . . . . .

By Pastor Wallace Phillips – Column For January 1st, 2007


2007!!! Can you believe it? It’s here…it’s off…and running! Before you know it, you’ll be pickin’ up that special box of candy for your Valentine. In fact, I saw the employees of “Wally World” stocking the shelves with hearts today. No sooner than the Christmas goods are marked down and moved out, the hearts make the shelf. The year moves just that fast.

Are you ready for it? Or are you still worrying about something that happened or didn’t happen in ’06? Well, you might as well forget it; get over it; deal with it. In fact, do what Paul says -- “Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 3:13,14 NIV.

Paul’s words are inspiring!

I must warn you though….he calls for “pressing”. You must exert the labor of your heart, mind, and soul. Press on! Don’t let anything stop you. Press! Press! Press! Run as if to win the prize! Don’t let the mistakes of the past or the voices of discouragement stop you. Press on!



Please visit us on the web at http://www.cscministries.com/ or http://www.wallacephillips.org/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home