Saturday, December 16, 2006

Carpenter’s Tools - Live from Williamsburg . . . . .

By Pastor Wallace Phillips – December 15, 2006


I know….I know! You guys are wondering if I ever stay home. Last week it was “Live from Starbucks. This week it’s live from Williamsburg. Let me tell you that I have learned the wisdom of frequent short-term getaways in ministry. Jesus set the precedent. Over and over you will see the pattern that Jesus lived by. The Bible declares in several places…”But Jesus often withdrew himself to lonely places.” The ministry is very taxing on anyone. There are no 9 – 5’s; no regular stops and starts. And if you’re dedicated to the ministry that God has assigned to your hands, you will be busy. I thank God for that which He has called us to do. And ….I thank God for the provision of those overnights that He gives us to “find a lonely place”. We always come back recharged and ready for the ministry ahead of us. I think if you ask anyone in our congregation if it does the pastor well to get away, they would give you a resounding “YES”. Our people have even commented on the fact that they notice the effectiveness and the level of anointing when Joy and I have removed ourselves from the daily tasks and rested.

How about your pastor? Have you encouraged him and his spouse to get away? Have you provided a platform for them to do that? You can you know. You can accommodate the ministry couple with a place as a gift. God will bless you and He will empower them. That’s all I have to say from ……Williamsburg, VA! See you guys at CSC on Sunday.


Please visit us on the web at http://www.cscministries.com/ or http://www.wallacephillips.org/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home