Sunday, May 28, 2006

Carpenter's Tools - The DaVinci Code . . . . .

by Pastor Wallace Phillips

“Have you heard about the DaVinci Code?” “Pastor, what do you think about the DaVinci Code?” “Pastor, would you please tell me what all this means in this movie the DaVinci Code?” Well, I’ve had those questions and more presented to me over and over again. I take a unique position concerning the DaVinci Code. Here it is –

1) I’m not interested in DaVinci’s twist on the life of Jesus. His supposed “hidden codes” in pictures that he painted are not “inspired” by God.

2) The only “codes” that are needed today are already given. Put simply, they are The Old Testament and The New Testament. These two covenants combined are the only rule of faith and practice needed today. They are the true details given by God on the life of Jesus.

Scripture tells us as believers that there would be those in the last days who would turn away from the truth and believe a lie. Be careful! II Timothy 4:3,4

I would rather spend my time and my treasure investing in the truth. But if you like, there’s the movie, then the gameboard, and I’m quite sure you can get the toy at McDonalds or Burger King. As for me, I’ll stick with the truth of Scripture and invest in a sure thing.

Have a good week….even if you’re trying to crack the codes.

Please visit us on the web at
http://www.cscministries.com/ or http://www.wallacephillips.org/




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home