Saturday, October 27, 2007

Carpenter’s Tools - God’s Audible Voice! . . . .

By Pastor Wallace Phillips – October 26th, 2007


Several years ago, I was seated among hundreds of other ministers at an annual convention held in Winston Salem, N.C. Dr. George Wood uttered these words as he graced the pulpit to speak to those assembled --- “I’ve never heard the audible voice of God and frankly don’t care if I ever hear Him say a thing…”. A hush covered the crowd as we wondered where this was going. He continued, “…because I have discovered in the Bible that everyone who did hear God’s audible voice had a great price to pay in their lives.” Dr. Wood concluded that the “still small voice” and the inspired Word of God would be sufficient for him. I concur with the good Doctor!

However, I can say that I recently received a direct word from God and He chose to use my wife’s voice. Wow! Let me continue. I was mowing grass at my property in Chowan County and decided to take the riding mower down a 30 foot bluff to mow by the water’s edge. My dear wife said, “Honey don’t do that! That’s so dangerous!” She chided a second time – “Wallace Phillips, please don’t do that.” A third one came – “That’s so stupid. How are you going to get it back up here?”

Being the MAN that I am, I continued and told her that I could handle it. Long story short – I flipped the mower over on top of me and suffered some lacerations on my back and some vertebrae moved out of place. I was hurting; real bad. I was very fortunate. After several trips to one of Northeastern North Carolina’s very best chiropractors (Dr. Everett Larabee), I am doing quite well. I can say that I learned a great lesson and I HAVE heard God’s audible voice.

You have a great week and remember to listen for God to speak. He may do so with a voice that you hear every day.


Please visit us on the web at http://www.cscministries.com/ or http://www.wallacephillips.org/


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home