Saturday, October 06, 2007

Carpenter’s Tools - Do your little thingy . . . . .

By Pastor Wallace Phillips – October 6th, 2007

Recently I was asked to schedule a wedding. I was reminded of a former one that I had done with the saints at Carpenter’s Shop Church. It was the renewal of vows for Roland and Shirleen Garcia. Just prior to the ceremony the halls and offices were filled with people who were finding their places; preparing for their special roles in this joyous occasion.

My dear friend Jacob Terry was dressed and ready for his part as Ring Bearer. I looked at him and asked, “So..are you ready for your lines, Jacob? Do you know your lines?” He replied, “What?” You could see the surprise look on his face just at the thought of having to say something in the wedding.

I remarked, “Jacob, that’s what I do every week. I have to get on the stage and make sure I know my lines.” He said, “Yeah, you have to get up there and do your little thingy.” I’m not sure what I have employed to keep the minds and the attention of the younger ones, but somehow along the way, Jacob has assured me that I “do my thing” just right. He told me one day that he thought I was a good preacher.

Thanks Jacob! Thanks for being my friend. Thanks for being comfortable enough around your pastor to make ministry fun. Thanks for being a wonderful example of servanthood at a young age. You are an inspiration. Keep smilin’!

And let me remind you readers this week…”whatever you do, whether in word or in deed, do it all unto Christ.” Do your thingy!


Please visit us on the web at http://www.cscministries.com/ or http://www.wallacephillips.org/


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home