Friday, December 14, 2007

Carpenter’s Tools - Live From Miami! . . . .

By Pastor Wallace Phillips - December 6th, 2007


I’ve often humorously asked the question – “What is the capital of Cuba?” Next, I would give the answer – “Miami”. It seems that you need to learn Spanish as a second language if you’re going to be in this tropical area of the Sun Coast.

I’m here now and I am amazed at the varied cultures that live and thrive here. People are so kind. It’s a far cry from CSI:Miami from my eyes. I know the crime and ill-will exists, but that’s everywhere. Florida has blessed my wife and I these past few days and has given us a tremendous opportunity to do a daily study of life and culture. That’s actually why we’re here to begin with.

I am slated for the worldwide television program on Trinity Broadcast Network. My subject will more than likely be the wonder of how God ripped prejudice from my heart. I’d like to say it’s all gone, but humanity is humanity. I think we all battle that evil from time to time. Nevertheless, I have devoted my life to loving people—all people. Culture encourages me because I see the awesome love of God displayed in his people. He’s a God of variety. “Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in His sight.”

Miami has afforded me the opportunity to see, once again, that God has a people everywhere in this earth that live for Him. From the gentle Haitian cabdriver who talked to someone over the phone about the grace and mercy of God, to the kind-hearted African-American bellman at the hotel who exemplified the fruit of the Spirit of gentleness, to the smiling Jewish-Italian Morris Cerullo that I had the pleasure to speak…all of which reminded me that God has a huge family of varied peoples from every nation, tribe, and tongue.

I am one of them. I’m Caucasion, I’m American, I’m middle-classed. But….I’m a Christian first. How about you? Live from Miami…I’m reminding you to never judge people on the basis of their skin.


Please visit us on the web at http://www.cscministries.com/ or http://www.wallacephillips.org/


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home