Monday, May 21, 2007

Carpenter’s Tools - $3.05 and rising! . . . . .

By Pastor Wallace Phillips – May 20th, 2007


I rounded the corner of Memorial and CC Road in our city today and saw the Hess guy up on his ladder changing the price of gas. He placed the digits quickly to read “Regular $3.05 per gallon!” Oh…..my! When will all of this stop? When will the price of gasoline in our nation stop climbing? I don’t know.

My mind went quickly back to my childhood days growing up down the street from my grandfather’s country store. I can see his gas sign flapping in the wind with those big red letters that read ….. .19 cents a gallon. Wow! Times have changed.

Things constantly change. Gas prices change…..people change….weather changes……circumstances change. However, there is one thing that never changes – the awesome character of our God. He said, “I am the Lord thy God and I change not!” The New Testament writer declared…”Jesus Christ – the same yesterday, today, and forever!”

Gas prices? $3.05 and rising! They are always changing. Thank God…He is the same!

Oh….drive less and stay home more.


Please visit us on the web at http://www.cscministries.com/ or http://www.wallacephillips.org/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home